HFEA press releases and statements
Latest HFEA press releases and statements
- HFEA statement on mitochondrial donation
Our statement as we approve the first application by Newcastle Fertility at Life for the use of mitochondrial donation to treat patients
- HFEA permits cautious use of mitochondrial donation in treatment, following advice from scientific experts
The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) has today approved the use of mitochondrial donation in certain, specific cases.
- UK's independent expert panel recommends "cautious adoption" of mitochondrial donation in treatment
The independent expert panel convened by the HFEA to undertake a review of mitochondrial donation techniques, has today recommended that those techniques be approved for “cautious” use in “specific circumstances".
- HFEA statement on fertility treatment 'add-ons'
Read our official response to BBC Panorama regarding fertility treatment add-ons.
- HFEA Zika Virus guidance - November 2016 update
Update about the Zika virus means fertility clinics should be extra vigilant when considering people for fertility treatment or gamete donation.
- UK reaches 250,000 IVF baby milestone
UK reaches 250,000 IVF baby milestone as Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority celebrates 25th anniversary
- How we are marking National Fertility Awareness Week
We are supporting Fertility Network UK's National Fertility Awareness Week which runs from 31 October to 6 November.
- New HFEA report indicates more needs to be done to reduce incidents in fertility clinics
Incidents in fertility clinics are rare - they occur in less than one percent of the treatments performed in the UK fertility clinics – but each incident is one too many.
- Statement on the first baby born from mitochondrial donation
- Sally Cheshire is reappointed as HFEA Chair until 2020
We are pleased to announce that Sally Cheshire has been reappointed as our Chair for a further three years from 1 April 2017.
Page last updated: 26 October 2015